Re: Zekr 0.6.0 final is ready

> > There are very few users who need source code. It can be accessed via
> > CVS, and also through each binary package, and built with Ant file...
> > Anyway let's not continue on this one ;)
>
> Sorry to insist, but why don't you make the ".dfsg" tarball the official
> released source package? Thus, you won't have to call it ".dfsg".

Since I'm not a Linux guy, I do not make Debian packages myself;
instead just release a basic .tar.gz Linux pachage. The only
restriction I know is that we widely depend on Java and Apache
libraries, so we ship all required libraries with official Debian
package simply because there are not always required packages
available on Debian repositories. GCJ has still critical problems with
compiling Java codes (even 1.4.2) and those libraries may not
necessarily be compiled with GCJ.
For example see: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/lucene
Lucene 2.1 (now also 2.2 is available) is used for Zekr 0.6.0, but
only 1.4.3 is available on repositories.

> To me (I have not tested the build and the runtime yet), this is the one
> blocker.

Why should it be blocker? There are many projects without any official
release for Linux (any distro), but some enthusiasts port them on
Linux and take control of its maintenance.