Re: Zekr 0.6.0 final is ready

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 11:54:17PM +0330, Mohsen Saboorian wrote:
> > 8/ Please try to get upstream (you? :) remove all the useless files
> > (*.zip, *.jar, ...) and provide them apart on his website. That's the
> > best way to get zekr distribution-friendly (for Debian, Mandriva, and
> > others)
> > *needs mohsen's attention. Personally I do not like this idea.*
>
> Upstream package is used for all Linux/BSD distributions, so I don't
> think this would be a good idea to remove all library dependencies.
> This packag is targeted for end-users not Hackers :) .tar.gz upstream
> package is a rather stand-alone package (which only depends on a
> Mozilla as well as a JRE 1.4.2+).

I thought we are dealing with source packages ?
Keep the binary as you want but the source is targeted for hackers or advanced users ?

> For packages go into Debian repositories, we try to remove
> dependencies and replacing them with libraries available on
> repository.

Seems logical to me ;-)

> > 9/ Why is the package repackaged and called .dfsg? Are there non-free
> > files in the upstream tarball?
> > *yes there were: translations and jar libs. I removed them all.*
>
> Ubuntu REVUers were very strict on not bundling Pickthal and Yusufali
> translations although they where written more than 50 years ago....

What's wrong with them ?

> > what's res/./bookmark/.DONOTDELETE ?
> > *That was in the zekr upstream tar.gz. I do not know*
> > *it needs Mohsen's attention*
>
> It has a (not-so-clever) technical reason. At the moment, it's not
> good to remove that file from the package. If you do so, bookmarks.xml
> (default bookmark set) is always reset at startup and all your changes
> to that bookmark set is lost. I try to remove that file for future
> releases, but please bear with that one for now. I think it won't harm
> anyone ;)

It looks suspicious. Nothing more IMHO.

> > Mohammed Adnène Trojette:
> > does it depend on any browser or on firefox precisely?
> > If it depends on any browser, please prefer depending on www-browser.
> > *Zekr uses SWT and so it should depend on firefox | iceape | xulrunner
> > that similar to eclipse pacakge. please see /usr/bin/eclipse*
>
> It won't work for example with Konqueror. Only some (not all)
> Mozilla-friendly browsers can be used as SWT Browser widget on Linux.

I'd really like to know how can I verify that the browser support is working ?
I'm not a java guy so I'm not familiar with the whole thing.

--
GPG-Key: 0xA3FD0DF7 - 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
Debian User and Developer.