Re: Zekr 0.6.0 final is ready

On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 10:13:50PM +0330, Mohsen Saboorian wrote:
> Salaam,
>
> Mohammed Sameer, Mohammad Adnène, is there still problems with the
> package? Mohammad fixed all the issues you mentioned AFAIK, and I
> think it should be ready for mentoring :)
>
> > ic. that's why.
> > But why don't you release a source package ? ;-)
>
> There are very few users who need source code. It can be accessed via
> CVS, and also through each binary package, and built with Ant file...
> Anyway let's not continue on this one ;)

I'm just curious: Why are you putting the code in the binary package if no one will use it ?

> > > We cited WikiSources, but it was not an authentic source to them:
> > > http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=6237 (seems to be currently down)
> >
> > They are I guess. I just wanted to know why are they objecting ? who is WikiSources ? is that where
> > you were handling the ubuntu packaging ?
>
> See: http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Talk:The_Holy_Qur'an#Copyright

Will check it tomorrow.

> > We are now depending on libxul and I was thinking that we can
> > drop the dependency on one of the browsers. The point is I have
> > no way to know if the browser support is enabled or not.
> > if I purge iceape.
>
> Why? I have no clue on this. Is the current configuration buggy?

Because you are creating and testing the package under ubuntu. The original one didn't work for me.
I really wonder how will we be able to support the package and fix any bug ? I'm not doing that because
I have no java knowledge. You might not do it because you are testing on ubuntu!!!

--
GPG-Key: 0xA3FD0DF7 - 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
Debian User and Developer.