Re: Zekr 0.6.0 final is ready

> > Upstream package is used for all Linux/BSD distributions, so I don't
> > think this would be a good idea to remove all library dependencies.
> > This packag is targeted for end-users not Hackers :) .tar.gz upstream
> > package is a rather stand-alone package (which only depends on a
> > Mozilla as well as a JRE 1.4.2+).
>
> I thought we are dealing with source packages ?
> Keep the binary as you want but the source is targeted for hackers or advanced users ?

There is no pure source package for upstream release. We just bundle
source code as a zipped JAR file in [zekr]/dist/zekr-src.jar.
build.xml come with each package is usually able to recompile, clean
and launch Zekr, using Apache Ant.

> > > 9/ Why is the package repackaged and called .dfsg? Are there non-free
> > > files in the upstream tarball?
> > > *yes there were: translations and jar libs. I removed them all.*
> >
> > Ubuntu REVUers were very strict on not bundling Pickthal and Yusufali
> > translations although they where written more than 50 years ago....
>
> What's wrong with them ?

We cited WikiSources, but it was not an authentic source to them:
http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=6237 (seems to be currently down)

> > It has a (not-so-clever) technical reason. At the moment, it's not
> > good to remove that file from the package. If you do so, bookmarks.xml
> > (default bookmark set) is always reset at startup and all your changes
> > to that bookmark set is lost. I try to remove that file for future
> > releases, but please bear with that one for now. I think it won't harm
> > anyone ;)
>
> It looks suspicious. Nothing more IMHO.

I didn't do anything bad in the code :)

> I'd really like to know how can I verify that the browser support is working ?
> I'm not a java guy so I'm not familiar with the whole thing.

I'm not sure if you successfully installed and ran this Debian
package, did you? Would you please tell me more specific what the
problem is?
If you have any of Firefox, IceApce or Mozilla from Debian
repositories (plus libgtkembedmoz.so which although exists in Ubuntu
Firefox package, but is not present in Debian IceApe), you should be
able to install the version available on mentors.debian.net. All these
dependencies should be satisfied by current depends fiels...

Thanks,
Mohsen.