Re: Zekr 0.6.0 final is ready

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 12:49:40AM +0330, Mohsen Saboorian wrote:
> > > Upstream package is used for all Linux/BSD distributions, so I don't
> > > think this would be a good idea to remove all library dependencies.
> > > This packag is targeted for end-users not Hackers :) .tar.gz upstream
> > > package is a rather stand-alone package (which only depends on a
> > > Mozilla as well as a JRE 1.4.2+).
> >
> > I thought we are dealing with source packages ?
> > Keep the binary as you want but the source is targeted for hackers or advanced users ?
>
> There is no pure source package for upstream release. We just bundle
> source code as a zipped JAR file in [zekr]/dist/zekr-src.jar.
> build.xml come with each package is usually able to recompile, clean
> and launch Zekr, using Apache Ant.

ic. that's why.
But why don't you release a source package ? ;-)

> > > Ubuntu REVUers were very strict on not bundling Pickthal and Yusufali
> > > translations although they where written more than 50 years ago....
> >
> > What's wrong with them ?
>
> We cited WikiSources, but it was not an authentic source to them:
> http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=6237 (seems to be currently down)

They are I guess. I just wanted to know why are they objecting ? who is WikiSources ? is that where
you were handling the ubuntu packaging ?

> > > It has a (not-so-clever) technical reason. At the moment, it's not
> > > good to remove that file from the package. If you do so, bookmarks.xml
> > > (default bookmark set) is always reset at startup and all your changes
> > > to that bookmark set is lost. I try to remove that file for future
> > > releases, but please bear with that one for now. I think it won't harm
> > > anyone ;)
> >
> > It looks suspicious. Nothing more IMHO.
>
> I didn't do anything bad in the code :)

I didn't say you are doing. I said it _looks_ suspicious.
Beside, I tend to trust FOSS anyway...

> > I'd really like to know how can I verify that the browser support is working ?
> > I'm not a java guy so I'm not familiar with the whole thing.
>
> I'm not sure if you successfully installed and ran this Debian
> package, did you? Would you please tell me more specific what the
> problem is?
> If you have any of Firefox, IceApce or Mozilla from Debian
> repositories (plus libgtkembedmoz.so which although exists in Ubuntu
> Firefox package, but is not present in Debian IceApe), you should be
> able to install the version available on mentors.debian.net. All these
> dependencies should be satisfied by current depends fiels...

We are now depending on libxul and I was thinking that we can drop the dependency on one
of the browsers. The point is I have no way to know if the browser support is enabled or not.
if I purge iceape.

--
GPG-Key: 0xA3FD0DF7 - 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
Debian User and Developer.