Re: Zekr 0.6.0 final is ready

Salaam,

> 4/ Do you really need dependency relationships with all the fonts
> packages?
>
>  | Depends: ttf-kacst, ttf-scheherazade, ttf-farsiweb, ttf-freefont
>  | Recommends: ttf-nafees, ttf-freefarsi, msttcorefonts
> *a few unnecessary fonts were removed*
> *for the time being, ttf-sil-scheharzade is moved to Recommends, and
> ttf-nafees is removed*

ttf-nafees is good for many Urdu speaking users. What's wrong with
having it on recommends?

> 8/ Please try to get upstream (you? :) remove all the useless files
> (*.zip, *.jar, ...) and provide them apart on his website. That's the
> best way to get zekr distribution-friendly (for Debian, Mandriva, and
> others)
> *needs mohsen's attention. Personally I do not like this idea.*

Upstream package is used for all Linux/BSD distributions, so I don't
think this would be a good idea to remove all library dependencies.
This packag is targeted for end-users not Hackers :) .tar.gz upstream
package is a rather stand-alone package (which only depends on a
Mozilla as well as a JRE 1.4.2+).

For packages go into Debian repositories, we try to remove
dependencies and replacing them with libraries available on
repository.

> 9/ Why is the package repackaged and called .dfsg? Are there non-free
> files in the upstream tarball?
> *yes there were: translations and jar libs. I removed them all.*

Ubuntu REVUers were very strict on not bundling Pickthal and Yusufali
translations although they where written more than 50 years ago....

> Please check if this is the proper way to make use of Mozilla's
> browsers
> (see other packages that do that or tell me and I'll ask the
> maintainer
> what the proper way is).

> *that's the right way to set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME.
>/usr/bin/eclipse from eclipse package sets MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME in the
> same way*

Please take a look:
http://www.eclipse.org/swt/faq.php#browserlinux

> Mohammed Sameer:

> what's res/./bookmark/.DONOTDELETE ?
> *That was in the zekr upstream tar.gz. I do not know*
> *it needs Mohsen's attention*

It has a (not-so-clever) technical reason. At the moment, it's not
good to remove that file from the package. If you do so, bookmarks.xml
(default bookmark set) is always reset at startup and all your changes
to that bookmark set is lost. I try to remove that file for future
releases, but please bear with that one for now. I think it won't harm
anyone ;)

> Mohammed Adnčne Trojette:
> does it depend on any browser or on firefox precisely?
> If it depends on any browser, please prefer depending on www-browser.
> *Zekr uses SWT and so it should depend on firefox | iceape | xulrunner
> that similar to eclipse pacakge. please see /usr/bin/eclipse*

It won't work for example with Konqueror. Only some (not all)
Mozilla-friendly browsers can be used as SWT Browser widget on Linux.

Regards,
Mohsen.