Re: Zekr 0.6.0 final is ready

On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 11:40:18PM -0400, Mohammad Derakhshani wrote:
> Salaam,
>
> > Because you are creating and testing the package under ubuntu. The original one didn't work for me.
> > I really wonder how will we be able to support the package and fix any bug ? I'm not doing that because
> > I have no java knowledge. You might not do it because you are testing on ubuntu!!!
>
> I will install Debian in my VirtualMachine. Then we can take care about
> any possible issue for debian packaging.

Much appreciated. I know it doesn't sound good to be forced to install it
but I don't have any Java knowledge and I fear we might end up in a bad shape!

> In addition, please be aware that we have setup a zekr Debian/Ubuntu
> repository for a few months:
> http://siahe.com/zekr/wiki/index.php?title=Installation#Ubuntu.2FDebian
> http://groups.google.ca/group/zekr?lnk=sg
>
> Zekr deb packages are tested by people of the above group on Debian and
> Ubuntu; so, most of possible problems before uploading to mentors.debian
> are resolved.
> The reason that my first upload for reviewing didn't work on your debian
> is I had changed the initialization of MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to be similar
> to the initialization of this variable in eclipse package, and it seems
> that eclipse suffers the similar bug:
>
> Anyway I think if zekr deb package is added to Debian we will be able to
> support it.

I know you are doing your best.
The point is, we changed the dependency to libxul but then, no one was able to
tell if it works correctly or not.

--
GPG-Key: 0xA3FD0DF7 - 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
Debian User and Developer.