Re: BoCon - when ? <!-- s/Bo/Bi/ -->

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

> I am generally not in favor of funky looking names and would
> rather see names that make sense (practicality). I think the
> current script does nothing useful at the moment (Persian
> specific, no? -- I haven't looked at the code in awhile).

Currently it only loads font, keymap, and runs bicon.  In the
future (when the old bicon script is ported), it will accept
different options, to turn bidi on/off, shaping on/off, ligatures
on/off, etc etc, and it loads different fonts on the occasion.

So, Alkarouri, please do not dump that old bicon script.  Just
rename it.

I'm still thinking about what to name the binary and the script.
I can see these tools (we already got all of them in some sense):

bicon_cat:  is now called bconsole_vu.
bicon_start:  like unicode_start, sets keymap and font.
bicon_stop:  like unicode_stop, ...
bicon_filter:  what is called bicon now.
bicon_console:  abicon script.
bicon_tty:  a mingetty equivalent, or something that simply calls
  mingetty inside a bicon shell.

Ideas?

--behdad
  behdad.org