Re: BoCon - when ? <!-- s/Bo/Bi/ -->

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 00:04, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 21:47, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > Salam,
> >
> > BiCon is almost ready for an initial release.  Just that I've got
> > a bug in bconsole to fix before release.  I'm working on it.
> >
> > Other issues:
> >
> >   * I can't see where the name abicon comes from?
> >

> Well, the idea is:
> - bicon is the executable, that gives bidirectionality
> - abicon is a script that loads keymap and font before bicon
>
> If bicon was (a BIdirectional CONsole) then abicon is A BIdirectional
> CONsole.
>
> I did not mean arabic bicon certainly if that's what you mean. (now that
> you ask, hmm)

I recommend instead of having bicon and abicon, having bicon.bin and
bicon respectively. I think that would help settle the confusion (and
have seen it done by various other projects).

I personally am not a big fan of the 'abicon' -- it certainly threw me
off.

Also, as far as the keymaps installing in places where specific distro's
dictate -- let me tell ya, it will be a nightmare. I know, I had to deal
with that with Akka.

My recommendation is to leave that up to package creators.. or have the
script 'detect/ask' what distro it is and selectively install based on
that. Otherwise, every other distro seems to think different locations
are more suitable for keymaps.

Regards
Mohammed Elzubeir