Re: linux arabic standardization

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:05:34 +0000, Chahibi Youssef <chahibi at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Actually this institution is in Rabat, Morocco but it covers all the arab world.

Now that I could open the website with Konqueror, it seems that the
institution is the 'Arabization Bureau' of the ALECSO itself! (located
in Tunis BTW). For example, a link to the dictionary is present in
this page:

http://www.alecso.org.tn/arabe/db/databases.htm

So, it seems that finally they decided to put their work online. This
is very good news really (the databases are rich, and in a lot of
domains).

So, _I_ think, that if we have to contact them, it would be to propose
additions to the databases. But that depends, again, on the QAC's
existence...

> A question: There are some companies which translate websites and
> applications to arabic , what's their reference or dictionary ?

No idea. They probably depend a lot on legacy work?

--
Youcef R. Rahal