Re: OT: Wiki issues

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 02:28 +0200, Ayman Hourieh wrote:

> [..]
> >
> > The wiki is Elzubeir's baby. If you ask me the current wiki is fine
> > though. There is a recent changes list, but its currently useless
> > since we've been vandalized again (more Chinese spam...).
> >

> <off topic>
> OK, no problem, is it possible to lock the recent changes page? As I
> couldn't find a way to revert pages back, even the preferences page
> was vandalized, and the info/history toolbar disappeared for me ...
> </off topic>

Well, the problem is that the RecentChanges page needs to be open to
whoever is making changes (since it is updated 'as' the user who makes a
change elsewhere). The UserPreferences page should have been locked (my
fault).

In either case, I have locked down the entire wiki so no one can write
to it (no one), until this is sorted out. We've been doing fine without
this crap for a long time, wonder what brought us to their attention :(

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.openius.com/|