Consensus on QAC

Salam,

Ladies (?) and gentlemen, as most of you know we have here on Arabeyes
a committee, a Quality Assurance Committee, tasked with overseeing and
setting standards for all language-specific work we do here on
Arabeyes, to ensure its correctness and ease of use among other
things.

As some of you know, this QAC is more or less in limbo at the moment.
We need to see it revived and put in PERMANENT motion no matter how
much work it takes. We will be scrapping the old QAC completely and
starting a new one. So, we will be starting from the absolute zero,
and lets imagine we have no idea how to proceed. What I would like to
do is get ideas from everyone on QAC. What it should do, how it should
work etc... and any general ideas you may have.

All ideas from everyone are welcome. I will get the ball rolling by
discussed my vision of a QAC:

1. It is kept small, painfully so. No more than 3 or 4 people.
2. Meetings should be weekly on IRC, immediately following or
immediately before the Core meeting.
3. Decisions made by QAC MUST override decisions made by individual
project managers.
4. One of the QAC's first tasks should be creating a small technical
dictionary for use by all translation projects.

Let us hear your contributions and let us hear them quickly. The
sooner we finish talking, the sooner we can get to working :-)

Abdulaziz,