Re: Consensus on QAC

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:38:55 +0300, Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj
<aalarfaj at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Past experience shows this is not as easy as it seems (I suggest you
> dig up the doc list archives from April/May of 2004 and read up on QAC
> issues).

I'll check the archives now.

> We need to organize this in such a way that the work on this project
> keeps moving no matter what happens. I suggested a web-ish interface
> for voting on words. I'm now leaning more towards a wiki solution.

I like the idea of using a wiki too, we can start with the technical
word list from another localization project (Spanish KDE Team has a
good list [1]), add the list to a page on the wiki, then suggest
translations, and discuss things through the week, until the IRC
meeting when we decide the final translation for each word.

Any chance of upgrading the current wiki to MediaWiki [2] ? Either
that I couldn't figure out how to use the current system, or it's
limited in capabilities, I couldn't find a generated list of recent
changes for example.

-Ayman

[1] http://kurly.org/kde/glosario
[2] http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/