Re: great progress in Arabic Firefox 1.0

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:48:56 +0100, Michelle Konzack
<linux4michelle at freenet dot de> wrote:
> Am 2004-12-17 11:49:03, schrieb Ayman Hourieh:
>
> Unfortunatly I do not know how to make the *.xpi files...
> I had some ideas, but..

You don't need to create any .xpi files, here is the Arabic .xpi file
we have at the moment:
http://www.aymanh.com/download/firefox-1.0-ar-JO-langpack-0.1-beta.xpi

You can get .xpi files for the other locales from the Mozilla FTP link
I posted earlier.

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:06:26 -0800 (PST), Nadim Shaikli
<shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Ayman, could you please possibly add a README [1] file outlining the
> process by which one can generate .XPI files from the .POs.  If you
> used any scripts that you generated, I'd also recommend that you
> upload them to that tree in an appropriate directory.

OK, I'll write a README that explains how to: generate .po's out of
Mozilla's files, how to get Mozilla files out of the translated .po's,
and how to create .xpi archives, I used the Translate Toolkit scripts
[1], no need to upload them here, right?

I'll also create fully localized builds when we are done with testing,
and the translation is accepted by Mozilla.

-Ayman

[1] http://translate.sourceforge.net/