Re: [UbuntuME] Re: verse by verse or Seeking in Quran audio files

We can work togather
I'm not sure that you get the idea of my project

It's not a web application, think about it as a good engineering design
for any application on any platform
web,pyGTK+,QT4, Java,Windows ..etc.

the main idea is to design once
then to allow all kinds of data to be supplied easy

if you need timing data to your audio files just use othman while
listening to Quran
if you have ttwo people to help you you can import the recitation of
the entire Quran
with a week (just press F7)

the syntax of its data will be a simple flat text file

> On the audio part, the option is flexible.
> 1. One file per verse. You dont need much for this. You program can
> handle it without much config.
> 2. One file per surah. For this, we need the timing data for each
> verse. Some of this data is provided by versebyverse website. I need
> to convert it to the appropriate format.
> 3. Multiple file per surah. This version is not available at the
> website (just minor bug fixes).
>
> So, as you can see, my approach is flexible enough, that you do not
> not need to do anything to your audio files. But you do need to supply
> the timing data.

no it's not,
for example how are you going to solve this

الإستعاذة لا تكون جهرية في بعض القراءات
عندما لا يتوقف القارىء عند علامة صلى

all such issues are taken in consideration in othman

> Reencoding is only necesary ..etc.
I was replying on

> Run the quran files (verse by verse) through a program to generate the timing,
> as meor sugested, I assume it will be  alot quicker! or am I wrong.

if you don't know if you open an MP3 files at 128 kbps or even higher
and you do nothing to them and then save them with same or even higher
you will lost quality