verse by verse or Seeking in Quran audio files

I have seen that almost all linux Quran related apps uses verse by
verse audio files
I consider this to be a limitation
or a workaround that is no more needed

I was working on GST
and it support very accurate seeking (measured in nano second and
depending on file format it degrades to millisecond 0.001 sec)

I try it and it was very easy to be implemented
(within one day I have designed a GTK+ testing application)

one file per sura means that we could add a new recitation without
reencoding and loose audio quality
and I think it could be much faster to import new recitations ..etc..

so is it the time to jump to a new era
and stop the old workarounds