Re: [UbuntuME] Re: verse by verse or Seeking in Quran audio files

Just to clarify on what my program can do.

1. When you click on the verse, it will highlight it while reciting
the verse (if it's avaialble, of course).
2. If you click the verse number, the translation will appear.
3. If you click the Surah name, it will recite the whole surah, while
highlighting the current verse. If the reciter combine 2 verse at a
time, it will highlight both verse (like the well known Imam of
Makkah).

On the audio part, the option is flexible.
1. One file per verse. You dont need much for this. You program can
handle it without much config.
2. One file per surah. For this, we need the timing data for each
verse. Some of this data is provided by versebyverse website. I need
to convert it to the appropriate format.
3. Multiple file per surah. This version is not available at the
website (just minor bug fixes).

So, as you can see, my approach is flexible enough, that you do not
not need to do anything to your audio files. But you do need to supply
the timing data.

Previously, I get most of my Quran audio from islamway.com, but the
quality is lower. Now, there are more site providing higher quality
audio files (>128kbps). versebyverse website do tell their original
source, so you can get it from there.

Reencoding is only necesary to make the data smaller (lower bitrate
like 16kbps, to make it fit to mobile devices for example). You can
get an acceptable audio for the whole Quran at 16-24kbps for the size
of 200-400MB.

Regards.