Re: Fixing the Arabic keyboard in xorg/xfree86

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 01:50, Munzir Taha wrote:
> Can we say this is the standard?

A standard should have been approved by a certain standards body that
represents most of the players. Like ISO, national standard bodies, or
one of the several industry consortiums.

> Or do you mean
> something put by governmental agencies? If any one here knows about such
> standards and who define them please talk.

Something by governmental agencies is the thing. There has also been a
trans-Arab standards body ones, who did some interesting work on
creating two-letter Arabic codes for countries of the world. I can't
remember the name, but I believe it is not active anymore.

For individual countries' standardization organizations, please see
<http://www.iso.org/iso/en/aboutiso/isomembers/MemberCountryList.MemberCountryList>. For example, Algeria's is:

Institut algérien de normalisation
5 et 7 rue Abou Hamou Moussa (ex-rue Daguerre)
B.P. 104 R.P
DZ-Alger

Tel:    +213 21 64 20 75
Fax:    +213 21 64 17 61