Re: Fixing the Arabic keyboard in xorg/xfree86

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004, Munzir Taha wrote:

> On Yaum al-Jumma 21 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 07:00 pm, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>
> I doubt that there is a national standard keyboard for arabic. Can you or any
> one else help me to got that info.

You mean in the 11 countries, none of them has a keyboard
standard?

> > > 5. Removing invalid(?) key <LSGT> {  [     bar,    brokenbar      ]
> > > };
> >
> > This key better left untouched.
>
> But I have alreay mapped the bar to the BKSL key which I believe is the
> standard
>       key <BKSL> { [  backslash, bar            ]       };
> This is also not in your ir keyboard! Is it only we who believe in broken bars
> as a good thing? ;)

I don't quite understand what you mean.  No we don't have it in
our 'ir' keyboard, because we don't assign any Persian symbols to
that key, so we leave it untouched.

--behdad
  behdad.org