Re: Fixing the Arabic keyboard in xorg/xfree86

On Yaum al-Sabt 29 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 08:18 pm, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 01:50, Munzir Taha wrote:
> > Can we say this is the standard?
>
> A standard should have been approved by a certain standards body that
> represents most of the players. Like ISO, national standard bodies, or
> one of the several industry consortiums.
>

> For individual countries' standardization organizations, please see
> <http://www.iso.org/iso/en/aboutiso/isomembers/MemberCountryList.MemberCoun
>tryList>. For example, Algeria's is:

Thanks for the link. Granted that no one of them would have a keyboard
standard. However, if the impossibility happens and they defined a standard
not a single one would be equal to any of the umpteenth others ;) I prefer to
stick to the one defined by M$ and is widely used in all those countries
because they don't know how change it ;)

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA