Re: Fixing the Arabic keyboard in xorg/xfree86

On Yaum al-Ithnain 24 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 09:21 pm, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> I doubt there will be standards for such things from Arabic countries
> (<political view> we're missing far more important things so I wouldn't
> be surprised if this fell through the cracks/ravines/gorges </political
> view> :-)  My work and others' with regard to what to use as a standard
> has lead us to concentrate on Microsoft's keyboard layout since that is
> what most people will find/see on their desks.

The problem is the current xorg/xfree86 ar layout is not even Microsoft's. The
position of greater than, minus than, kasra, kasratan, curly braces,... are
all messed up. am I wrong?

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA