PuTTY links (was Re: next step.)

PuTTY's home page is at http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

You need to download a copy from there so that you can always refer to
the original source code, and test the original behaviour to compare
it with the one being developed.

I use DoxyGen to generate html out of source code. Useful for
exploring and reverse engineering.

See http://www.banoora.net/src/putty/ and
http://www.banoora.net/src/mlterm/

I do not promise to keep the above URLs, so you may want to DoxyGen
them yourself ;)

Arabeyes has a web interface to allow you to view checked in code and
see diffs.

See http://www.arabeyes.org/cvsweb/projects/external/putty/

Putty uses ExtTextOut , and ExtTextOutW to draw strings. These APIs
will do shaping and BIDI. We have two options here :

- Continue to use these APIs and let them do the shaping while we will
do the BIDI.

- We do the shaping, but we need to find another set of APIs that
allows us to find a glyph index in a font, based on its unicode
character, and simply draw that glyph. I will leave it as an exercise
for you to research and come with the results ;)

Again, Microsoft MSDN is a good resource

See http://msdn.microsoft.com
and mozilla at http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/

Start searching for the word glyph , and work your way from
there. Other interesting keywords are arabic, bidi

To be more specific, the Mozilla windows graphics are also
interesting.

See http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/gfx/src/windows/

Feel free to write a small program that demonstrates the Windows
APIs. Again we need to be able to draw arabic glyphs based on unicode
input. Although we will be using fixed width fonts, we still want to
know the width of the drawn string (think about the LAM ALEPH, shaping
maps this sequenct into a single glyph).

Let me know if I missed anything, and do not hesitate to ask questions.

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 11:08:18AM +0200, alsayed wrote:

> the glosssary will be available at staurday , and i will send it to u to
> make any reviews and comments .

Cool! will be looking forward for that.

-Kamal