Re: Arabic Keyboard Problem

Hi,
Just to increase the confusen, I picked up my old OS/2 2.1 box and had a look at one of the manuals dated 1993 (yes babe!) and looked at the keyboard section.
The very first one was Arabic.

This is how what I have differ from the M$ keyboard provided by Mark:
- "<>" instead of ESC
- No "<>" beside the bar.
- "\_"  instead of the wide right shift.
- A smaller "enter" key and a key to the right of "Tah" for "thal".
- A longer "enter" key, backspace and enter are merged in my case.
- Backspace replaces the two keys shown above "enter", that represent "\|" and "thal".
- "mim" and "haa" has switched positions.

Now tell me this:
Do you have a wide backspace or two other keys?
Where is your ESC key located?
What keys do you have on the very lowest row of keys.
How does your entry key looks like.

And now, compare your answers to Mark's M$ layout. If it's differ then Mark's layout is a schematic layout and not very useful, which I claim.
What I see that Mark's keyboards don't even match any Latin keyboard!
I remember to have the same problem when I used Acon before and the very first xkbd map was made (a couple of years ago!).

The answer of this discussion i, from IBM's point of view (which might be rusty now): the "thal" is on the right, to the left of "tah".

They funny thing is that I have never own an Arabic keyboard.
--
Jihad Daoud
When you are there, you are definitely not here. If you are not I, and I happened to be here!