Re: Arabic Keyboard Problem

On Saturday 05 January 2002 17:07, you wrote:
> Isam , now you changed your mind , don't you remember that YOU who said
> that the 'thal' should be put in its place not in the place for '\'
> and when I did that now you just say that we must follow Microsoft rules
> !!!

Please, did you have a look at :

http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/keyboards/arabic.html
if not, please do.. and look at they layout you see, and the real keyboard
you have .. and tell me of the outcome .. :-)
I did not change my mind .. But I admit that I did not review the keymap and
to make it follow the standard .. if you like to do it. please do .. the link
above have all the info you need..

> ok , I don't like to type 'thal' and get '>' instead of it  just to make
> 'Microsoft' the best
> if you want to do that Isam (I mean swapping the 'thal' and the '\') , do
> it yourself , I'm not gonna make things I know it's no good.
> sorry for that guys , but now you ask me to follow Microsoft rules and I
> don't like that
> anyway it is up to you to do that or not , but in my slackware I do what I
> think is good not what Microsoft thinks is

Believe me, there is around 90% chance that your Arabic keyboard in Microsoft
Arabic Keyboard layout .. everyone should have the same layout and experience
when typing Arabic in Linux as they used to in their Windows, and as it is
set in their keyboard ..

Mohammed, please cool down .. nothing if personal here .. I really apologize
if I got misunderstood before ..

Yours
	Isam Bayazidi
	Amman - Jordan