Re: Arabic Keyboard Problem

--- Jihad Daoud wrote:

[snip snip]

> And now, compare your answers to Mark's M$ layout. If it's differ then Mark's
> layout is a schematic layout and not very useful, which I claim.
> What I see that Mark's keyboards don't even match any Latin keyboard!
> I remember to have the same problem when I used Acon before and the very
> first xkbd map was made (a couple of years ago!).

Please all - don't get sucked into the physical keyboard "look" issue.
What matters here is a consistent keyboard encoding (NOT physical keyboard
look) and what we are following is,

  http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/keyboards/arabic/arabwin.km

which is the MOST widespread encoding in the Arab world.  If your keyboard
looks different, well re-map it (linux/unix is wonderful for that), but my
guess is that 90% of the Arabic computers out there abide by this encoding.

I hope this is clear.