Re: Arabic Keyboard Problem

--- Isam Bayazidi wrote:
> On Saturday 05 January 2002 19:57, you wrote:
> > At 07:34 ã 05/01/2002 +0200, you wrote:
> > >Believe me, there is around 90% chance that your Arabic keyboard in
> > > Microsoft Arabic Keyboard layout .. everyone should have the same layout
> > > and experience when typing Arabic in Linux as they used to in their
> > > Windows, and as it is set in their keyboard ..
> >
> > well, you know my brothers runs a small computer company , we sell about 10
> > computers a month , the date the company started was 4 years age , that
> > means that a large number of computers have been sold , and of course every
> > computer has a keyboard
> > EVERY COMPUTER I saw there has a keyboard with a layout (that the 'thal' is
> > on the left not the right)!
> > this link you gave me have only (OLD) keyboards that are (almost) no more
> > used!
>
> Never mind what it looks like in the picture !! what matters in the real
> definition .. look at the :
> http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/keyboards/arabic/arabwin.km
> ( it was the link above the keyboard picture in the page I have before)
> in that file there is the REAL definition .. no one EVER do a definition
> according to a picture :-)
> in that file there is :
>
> '`'	0x0630

I think you guys are saying the same thing (the physical location of the
key 'thal' on the keyboard is immaterial - ie. it does NOT matter).

I think we need some newer "good" keyboard shots/gifs, etc (M.Yousif, maybe
you can help here -- the .gif you mailed was good but it was too small to
be very read-able, could you mail something similar to what's on ~mleisher's
webpage in terms of size and content).  To avoid falling into this pit again
:-)

NOTE TO SELF: once new .gif/pictures are received, contact Mr. Leisher
so as to update the microsoft keyboard pic. on his site (physical key
locations).