Re: Arabic Keyboard Problem

On 01:59 السبت 05 يناير 2002, you wrote:

> that's what I was saying , and the 'ar' keyboard layout in the cvs now is
> the right one according to that
>
> you want to make the key <BKSL> for the 'thal' or ` don't u ?
> even if  you compared that with this table the table says :
> '\'    0x005C   ----------> that's <BKSL> key
> '`'    0x0630  -----------> that's <TLDE> key
>
> and that's in the cvs now
>
> if we did what u r saying we'll end up with :
> '`'    0x005C   ----------> that's <BKSL> key
> '\'    0x0630  -----------> that's <TLDE> key
> and that's not correct (with my own keyboard and with the one here
> http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/keyboards/arabic/arabwin.km )
I am an idiot... I apologize... I didn't check the facts before I sent my
Email about the whole keyboard thingy... please accept my apologies.  About
the whole Microsoft hating thing, I agree with you, but it really doesn't
matter who comes up with a standard if that is what people use... whoever
came up with the QWERTY keyboard didn't have useablity in mind either, but it
is now standard, and so we all accept it regardless.  If we want to change
peoples' minds, we must "ease" them into it... my mom wasn't very happy when
I removed Windows from her laptop once and put Linux, and neither was my
sister when I did that to her.  But now I have a dual boot system, taught my
sister how to use it, and she is using it more than Windows now...  Just my
$0.02.  Again sorry for annoying everybody with this whole thread.

Hesham Hassan