Re: Hello world..

Saleh, Welcome to Arabeyes!

If you want to work on Gnome, then this is the right time :)

But first, about Arabeyes. It's a meta projct helping to join people
together to work on arabisation projects: translation and development.

There are various projects, some being very active and some slightly
active, and some active now and then. In particular, translation
projects are usually quite active.

I understand you would like to work on Gnome: Welcome!

first, please read this page for some highlights:
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/Gnome

We are at 92.26% for Gnome 2.16, and 87% for 2.18. We are hoping to
finish the remaining for gnome 2.16 within this week, and your help can
make that very possible. After that, we can work on 2.18 to ship the
first complete arabic Gnome at release time for some time.

Browse these pages and you will see the remaining files:
http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.16/ar/index.html

You can start working right away. Currently, the developer-libs packages
are unassigned. Feel free to pick any of them.

Contrary to Rosetta, we don't use an online interface, you will have to
download an application to edit the po files. I recommand poedit, but
plenty of people like KBabel. Remember that your translations are also
carried to the other distributions when they make release, I'm also an
ubuntu user.

Happy translation! and again, welcome to the Gnome team. At any time,
please feel free to ask question, people are quite friendly around here.

Djihed