Re: Hello world..

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 21:31, Saleh Odeh wrote:
> A little about myself.. Well, nothing much to tell really.. OSS
> localization-wise, Ive been working on Ubuntu Launchpad Gnome translation
> for about 9 months now.. So i think i have a bit of an idea of how that
> works.. Would be interested in starting out with something familiar to me..
> so Gnome does sound like an OK entry point..  What i was interested in
> knowing, ( this question might seem a bit crude..), is how the Arabeyes
> project is organized as a meta project?
Easy questions :)
> Is it Distro specific?
No.
> is it Desktop Environment specifc..etc?
No
> ( i.e would i be able to translate  packages for both Suse and Debian for
instance?
Yes
> - regardless of the desktop  environment?-,
Yes
> and where would each be kept), how are baselines released?
To justify my previous answers. Arabeyes translation work is committed (send)
to the mothership projects, to KDE SVN, Gnome CVS ... which are the official
code repository of these projects. All distros build their packages from
these official sources, so any work we do is automatically included in all
possible distros.
> I have to admit i still havent taken a thorough look at the documentation
> that was linked to me
No need.
> I'm planning to do so over this weekend. Apologies if what i asked is >
already explained there.

Djihed Afifi is Gnome's maitainer, he can assign some file to start with.