KDE arabic translation is about to be 100% but

Hi Sirs! Hi  Stephan Kulow!

We are a team from King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) and
we like from time to time to support open source movement by doing
translations, development, font designing, financial support, ...

Previously, we have contributed translation to OpenOffice.org, Fedora, and
leverage KDE translation from around 52% to 79% at July/August 2004. Surely,
there was a previous partially available translations on which we build on.
We, KACST, cooperated with arabeyes.org (I am already a member there) via
uploading the files to their local cvs repository and then they committed it
here on KDE main repository. Since arabeyes.org is a voluntarily project with
always a busy KDE maintainer, KDE used to always be lagging behind other
projects. We, KACST, seeing the importance of KDE did our best to change this
situation.

Our problem is that due to the lack of a timely proper sync and some scripts
deficiencies, we lost hundereds if not thousands of translated strings on the
past. We asked to have a direct access to the KDE repository but it's not
welcomed since the attitude here is to have one KDE maintainer that he alone
could commit the files. This is good as far as the KDE maintainer is being
able to sync on time. This proves not possible with the Arabic language
maintainer due to him being extremely busy even just to do this a few minutes
jobs. I complained in many threads in arabeyes doc mailing list about us
being hindered by this process.

A quote from the Arabic KDE maintainer:
<quote>
you are expected to produce results in a timely fashion. The good lot of us at
Arabeyes are not. Which means that whatever organization needs to produce
this work needs to work around our working schedules. The reality is, I too
have a job and am too expected to produce results in a timely fashion.

Welcome to Open Source and Volunteer based work.
</quote>

For example the situation now is:
http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/KDE_3_3_BRANCH/ar/index.php
65.41 % translated

http://www.arabeyes.org/misc/kde_status_bar.html
http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=KDE
93% translated

This is surely doesn't suit us as a professional governmental organization
that has deadlines and review cycles for each project.

Now since we have almost finished the translation, I am not asking for a cvs
access. All I want is just someone (coolo?) to make a sync for us. I can send
him those files to commit them or he can grab them from arabeyes until the
Arabic KDE maintainer find time to do a sync.

Keep up the good work!

I am cc'ing arabeyes doc list.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA