Re: [developers] kprayertime 4.0

that's a neat approach! I've nabbed that piece of code...

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Thamer Mahmoud <thamer at newkuwait dot org> wrote:
A Lynch writes:
 > One of the main problems I had with KPrayertime for KDE3 was DST, I tried to
 > make it automatic but it didn't quite work properly. I've since discovered
 > that there is a C library call available but I don't know how to use it
 > properly.

The program ipraytime (from the ITL itools package) uses system time
settings to determine the DST status for any given date. See the
function "timezone_dst" in ipraytime.c for an example implementation.

This approach assumes that the DST status provided by system time
(based on timezone) is accurate and up-to-date.

salam,
Thamer