Re: [UbuntuME] Re: verse by verse or Seeking in Quran audio files

Salaam,

On Feb 13, 2008 11:42 AM, moayyad sadi <alsadi at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2008 1:51 AM, Meor Ridzuan Meor Yahaya
> <meor dot ridzuan at gmail dot com> wrote:
> > Salam,
> > Actually, my web quran application do have that features. In fact, it
> > can handle both format (1 file per verse or 1 file per sura). I even
> > made a version that can handle 2 or more files per suras (which is not
> > uncommon for longer suras). The only thing lacking from my application
> > is the exact audio information. I did test it using versebyverse data
> > (the split timing, that is), and it works.
> >
> This is your Web app,
> we are talking about, apps like Zekr and libquran-based apps

Just to clarify something. Zekr already supports single audio file per
sura model, although it wasn't documented anywhere. This was supported
from It's Ramadan edition (0.6.5), and now we have 0.6.6.

The model is simple. Zekr utilizes JW Player [1] for playing MP3s. It
uses XSPF [2] playlists, which accepts an MP3 file and a start point
for each aya, as well as a single file per aya.

[1] http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=JW_FLV_Player)
[2] http://www.xspf.org/

Mohsen.