Re: Quran Project

On Monday 28 February 2005 16:47, Maher Ben Moussa wrote:
> > Okay, but at least two things must be resolved:
> > - Audio Plugin Frameword.
> > - Completing the font "workarounds" for Unicode limitations.
>
> hmmm, but the project is idle on this moment and I don't think it is
> feasible that these 2 parts will be finished in the next weeks.

part 1 is already half complete.
part 2 is trivial, mostly working with the font's OT tables.

> Maybe it is better to create a release with the current status. They
> would be definitely better than the versions 0.021 and 0.041 on the
> project page and many problems in the old releases are solved in the
> current version.
> Then when these 2 parts are finished, we can release version 0.01

The problem is that:
Without part1, qtquran wouldn't compile on anything other than linux.
Without part2, the current text will be rendered incorrectly, worse than
the current released version.

So this makes them essential.

--
Mohammed Yousif