Re: Arabic on Zaurus/Ipaq

> So, I go for keeping bidi/shaping as a library call temporarily until
> Qt/E can do it in its own.

Agreed. If Qt/E 4 starts taking a long time then once we've done qtquran I
might take a stab at getting bidi/shaping going on 2.3. The main thing is
that it is rendering arabic OK.

> So, expat is there, that is good. All we need now is to strip Audio code
> and such.

Well I think that porting speex will not be a problem (Ogg is already there
and I have speex compiling on the zaurus) so don't do anything on that front.
As I think about it more the main task may well be to reorganise the QtQuran
interface to fit into such a small screen. When I ported my vocab program I
stripped a lot of functionality from it and had to squeeze the UI forms right
down. I leave it in your hands entirely as to what you want to do in respect
of the QtQuran UI. The Zaurus has a 240x320 screen (we can also run apps
rotated 270 degrees, so we have two options - the best thing is if it works
OK in either).

wassalaam
abdulhaq