Re: Arabic (transliterated) Input Method for Gtk+ was Re: Arabize 0.1

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 01:29:24AM +0700, Mohammad DAMT wrote:
> On Rab, 2004-03-17 at 03:37, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > This thing should be implemented as an Input Method with lots of
> > frameworks are already in place...
>
> Well, I can't sleep tonight so I tried to make my self sleepy
> by traversing the gtk+ source code from garnome. Found the
> modules/input subdir and hacked the Makefile and copied
> the modules of Cyrillic Input Method. After had figured out
> that the key sequences must be sorted in latin order for about an hour,
> then this is it, "The Arabic (Transliterated) Input Method for Gtk+"
> (tm). Alhamdulillah.

that's nice, but wait please!
This should be standardised if not already.
I remember i saw something like the key sequence in "al gam3eia el
3elmeia al 3arabeia al amrekeiah" FTP server, But i can't remember the
URL
also I think it'd be nice to give credit to Ahmed Kamal in ur code ??

--
-- Katoob Main Developer