Re: RPM specs and other distro packages

On Yaum al-Ithnain 24 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 12:11 am, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2004-07-11 23:34:47, schrieb Munzir Taha:
> >yes, in their source packages not generic patches. I meant patches that
> > would be applied on the fly upon the installation. However, this is just
> > to annoy
>
> I do not understand this, because a Debian-Source is:
>
> package_version.orig.tar.gz
> package_version.diff.gz

Can you have package_version.diff1.gz, ...diff2.gz, ... or the like?
I know you can combine multiple patch files into one but doing so makes it
less clear where a patch comes from, thus making it harder to back out of any
given change. End users or system adiministrators need not normally be
concerned with this. But software developers do.

> If you like Debian, maybe you can test some fonts...

I like Debian because of their support of Arabic on slang but I am sorry to
say I haven't tried it yet!

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA