Re: RPM specs and other distro packages

Am 2004-07-11 23:34:47, schrieb Munzir Taha:

>yes, in their source packages not generic patches. I meant patches that would
>be applied on the fly upon the installation. However, this is just to annoy

I do not understand this, because a Debian-Source is:

package_version.orig.tar.gz
package_version.diff.gz
package_version.dsc

Where ist the problem do apply another patch after the

apt-get source package

it will download the source, decompress ist into a folder, apply
the diff and if neccesary applay the debian/patches

Now you can apply your own patch

>Elzubeir a little and cause him to cough so don't bother yourself about it.
>(Secret: I also love Debian but don't let the others hear it)

;-)

If you like Debian, maybe you can test some fonts...

#/etc/apt/sources.list
deb     http://www.khayatfamily.net/debian compile main non-free
deb-src http://www.khayatfamily.net/debian compile main non-free

and

apt-get update
apt-get install xfonts-cyberbit
		xfonts-cyberbase
		xfonts-arabeyes1-aahs
		xfonts-arabeyes1-aga
		xfonts-arabeyes1-fs
		xfonts-arabeyes1-kasr
		xfonts-arabeyes1-mcs
		xfonts-arabeyes1-shmookh

Curently without waranty that it works, but under Debian WOODY,
it woks fine now.

>Keep up the good work.

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi