Re: Fixing the Arabic keyboard in xorg/xfree86

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, Munzir Taha wrote:

> On Yaum al-Ahad 23 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 10:29 pm, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > On Sat, 10 Jul 2004, Munzir Taha wrote:
> > > On Yaum al-Jumma 21 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 07:00 pm, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > >
> > > I doubt that there is a national standard keyboard for arabic. Can you or
> > > any one else help me to got that info.
> >
> > You mean in the 11 countries, none of them has a keyboard
> > standard?
>
> What's a standard?! Something to eat?
> Seriously, if there is a standard it is the one set by M$. People here use
> winbows in most parts. Can we say this is the standard? Or do you mean
> something put by governmental agencies? If any one here knows about such
> standards and who define them please talk.

An standard is something written down by an organization devoted
to writing standards.  There are national standardization bodies
in every country...

Don't know Arabic, don't know the layout.  You guys seem to have
enough people from different countries to decide what layouts you
need yourselves.

--behdad
  behdad.org