Re: Fixing the Arabic keyboard in xorg/xfree86

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 07:06, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
[...]
> An standard is something written down by an organization devoted
> to writing standards.  There are national standardization bodies
> in every country...
>
> Don't know Arabic, don't know the layout.  You guys seem to have
> enough people from different countries to decide what layouts you
> need yourselves.

In Sudan we don't have a standard for the keyboard. I hope people from
other countries are able to confirm the existence or nonexistence of
national layout standards. Otherwise, we will have to assume the
nonexistence of these..

Salam,
Muhammad Alkarouri