Re: Standard Keyboard

--- Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 07:06, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> [...]
> > An standard is something written down by an organization devoted
> > to writing standards.  There are national standardization bodies
> > in every country...
> >
> > Don't know Arabic, don't know the layout.  You guys seem to have
> > enough people from different countries to decide what layouts you
> > need yourselves.
>
> In Sudan we don't have a standard for the keyboard.

I doubt there will be standards for such things from Arabic countries
(<political view> we're missing far more important things so I wouldn't
be surprised if this fell through the cracks/ravines/gorges </political
view> :-)  My work and others' with regard to what to use as a standard
has lead us to concentrate on Microsoft's keyboard layout since that is
what most people will find/see on their desks.