Re: Arabic Keyboard Problem

At 08:21 ã 05/01/2002 +0200, you wrote:

'`' 0x0630

and that is indeed right and exactly what you are saying .. the ( ` ) - which
in most cases is over theTAB in the left of the ( 1) .. there lies the 0x0630
, and that is the THAL in case you don't have access to a Unicode table ..

that's what I was saying , and the 'ar' keyboard layout in the cvs now is the right one according to that

you want to make the key <BKSL> for the 'thal' or ` don't u ?
even if  you compared that with this table the table says :
'\'    0x005C   ----------> that's <BKSL> key
'`'    0x0630  -----------> that's <TLDE> key

and that's in the cvs now

if we did what u r saying we'll end up with :
'`' 0x005C ----------> that's <BKSL> key
'\' 0x0630 -----------> that's <TLDE> key
and that's not correct (with my own keyboard and with the one here http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/keyboards/arabic/arabwin.km )

why u want to change that, only Allah knows