Re: Arabic Keyboard Problem

On Saturday 05 January 2002 19:57, you wrote:
> At 07:34 ã 05/01/2002 +0200, you wrote:
> >Believe me, there is around 90% chance that your Arabic keyboard in
> > Microsoft Arabic Keyboard layout .. everyone should have the same layout
> > and experience when typing Arabic in Linux as they used to in their
> > Windows, and as it is set in their keyboard ..
>
> well, you know my brothers runs a small computer company , we sell about 10
> computers a month , the date the company started was 4 years age , that
> means that a large number of computers have been sold , and of course every
> computer has a keyboard
> EVERY COMPUTER I saw there has a keyboard with a layout (that the 'thal' is
> on the left not the right)!
> this link you gave me have only (OLD) keyboards that are (almost) no more
> used!

Never mind what it looks like in the picture !! what matters in the real
definition .. look at the :
http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/keyboards/arabic/arabwin.km
( it was the link above the keyboard picture in the page I have before)
in that file there is the REAL definition .. no one EVER do a definition
according to a picture :-)
in that file there is :

'`'	0x0630

and that is indeed right and exactly what you are saying .. the ( ` ) - which
in most cases is over theTAB in the left of the ( 1) .. there lies the 0x0630
, and that is the THAL in case you don't have access to a Unicode table ..

Mohammed you reply too fast :-) you reply to reply ! come on that was a click
away from the link I have you ! but you didn't bother ! you just wanted to
reply :-) My friend .. believe me, They keymap would be OK, and the Keymap
you use is the Microsoft Keymap .. its just the site gave a not that accurate
picture ( to fit the ESC key) .. but it is all defined as I mentioned ..

Would you Like mohammed to cross check the AR keymap file of XFree86 with the
Keymap definition above ? (
http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/keyboards/arabic/arabwin.km)

That would be really helpful and appreciated ..

Keep the High Spirit .. and low down your anger and hate for  M$  ;-)

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi