Re: Arabic Keyboard Problem

http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/keyboards/arabic.html

have a look again isam , do you see where the 'thal' is located , it's located in the right of the <BKSL> , if we gonna take that as a standard we should cancel the key 'Backspace' and move it to the key 'enter' and cancel the 'enter' key and .....and.............etc
that's cuz the 'thal' key in it is to the right of the <BKSL> key and not in place of <BKSL> as the <BKSL> has its own key
so we shouldn't make the 'thal' key in the place of the <BKSL> we should make it in its own place (in this old keyboard, the key above the 'backspace' key) and no conflict is there
if we did that swap you want to do and tried the keyboard layout with this old keyboard the 'thal' key will have assigned to '<' and the <BKSK> will do a 'thal'!!!
so even if we take thisi (OLD) keyboard as a standard we should leave the keyboard layout as is for it to work

look at the attached keyboard picture
this keyboard is used most nowadays (if even any other keyboard exists)
look at its arrangement
the <BKSL> key is below the enter key (that makes no difference tho cuz it has the same name)

OLD keyboard , new one
they all behave the same (may be slight different tho) as each key have its own name

and I'll repeat it , try to put the 'thal' in the <BKSL> key (as you want to do) and try it with the old keyboard here :
http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/keyboards/arabic.html

it will not work just as it doesn't with new keyboards

the problem is that some people like to type <BKSL> to get 'thal' and that's no good
plz , read carefully and understand me