Re: thal moved to new location

Amr,

> To follow your lead, however, Arabic ~ could go next with the Roman one.

The key holding the Roman ~ will now work for both Arabic and English now

> I do not dare place letters before that frequency study is done.
> However, these are things I would like to see changed:
>
> 1. The period "." and comma "،" without Shift combinations, and ","
> demoted and moved above one of the numerals. Its use is restricted to
> numbers only
> 2. د moved towards the center. This key is very unreachable for us
> left-handed. We are 5% of any population.

where would you put it? I am confident that ى is less frequently used than د

> Most of the keyboard is arranged so that similar-looking letters go
> next to each other. This is far from being efficient. Would you know
> anyone who statistically can come up with a good statistical study of
> letter frequencies in Modern Standard Arabic, Khaled? Anyone?

I obviously don't have access to such data. Jim suggested a lead that I
will follow, but does anyone know of an individual or an institution
that might have done such analysis. Kind Abdul-Aziz university for
Instance!!