Re: How to translate this sentences?

Salam,

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 09:46, Munzir Taha wrote:

> I agree with Ossama translations after your nice touches except in two
> cases

> > > نظام الملفّات journaling
> >
> > نظام ملفّات مسجّل يوميا ؟
>
> I doubt that it's journaled daily or it will be worse than an ext2fs ;) so
> leave it as Ossama suggest or come with a translation that explain its
> function more accurately

OK. I guess we'll need to make some more research before coming to a good
translation. In that case keep the term untranslated.

> In general,
> Partitioning should be translated as
>  تجزئة
>
> but
>
> Partition as
> جزء أو قسم

I want(ed) to make the distinction between partition=تجزئة and part=جزء ;-)

> > > أماكن التّجهيز
> >
> > نقاط التّركيب
>
> نقاط التجهيز
> is more common

> > > مساحة الذّاكرة البديلة
> >
> > حيّز (فضاء) المبادلة ؟

> here I agree with Ossama because it's more common and simpler

Not sure what 'common' means here and above ? :-) We (QAC) are supposed to
come on an agreement on terms to make them 'common'. So I'll keep (again) the
arguing for QAC :-)...

Salam,

- --
Youcef R. Rahal