Re: How to translate this sentences?

On Sunday 11 April 2004 06:20 pm, Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:
> Salam,

> Keep in mind that you can skip those messages or put a preliminary
> translation and mark it fuzzy. QA is anyway supposed to happen after the
> translation is finished in order to correct & homogenize.
>
> Below are my translation that differ from those suggested by Ossama. You're
> free to keep the one you like for now since we did not come to an agreement

I agree with Ossama translations after your nice touches except in two cases

> > > journaling file system
> >
> > نظام الملفّات journaling
>
> نظام ملفّات مسجّل يوميا ؟
I doubt that it's journaled daily or it will be worse than an ext2fs ;) so
leave it as Ossama suggest or come with a translation that explain its
function more accurately

> > > Boot Partition
> >
> > تجزيء الإقلاع
>
> تجزئة الإقلاع

In general,
Partitioning should be translated as
 تجزئة

but

Partition as
جزء أو قسم

> > > mount points
> >
> > أماكن التّجهيز
>
> نقاط التّركيب

نقاط التجهيز
is more common

> > > root partition
> >
> > التجزيء الجذر
>
> تجزئة جذرية

see above

> > > Swap space
> >
> > مساحة الذّاكرة البديلة
>
> حيّز (فضاء) المبادلة ؟
here I agree with Ossama because it's more common and simpler

--

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distro/mdkarabicsupport.html
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA