Re: How to translate this sentences?

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 02:59 am, Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:
> Salam,
>

> I want(ed) to make the distinction between partition=تجزئة and part=جزء ;-)

And I want(ed) to make the distinction between partitioning=تجزئة and
partition=جزء ;-) Actually it's not for the sheer purpose of making a
distinction but because I feel it's more accurate translation.

> > > حيّز (فضاء) المبادلة ؟
> >
> > here I agree with Ossama because it's more common and simpler
>
> Not sure what 'common' means here and above ? :-) We (QAC) are supposed to
> come on an agreement on terms to make them 'common'. So I'll keep (again)
> the arguing for QAC :-)...

Common here means "to me I have met across it quite often before in other
software and documents" besides, I your translation sounds odd/difficult to
my ears ;) I know everyone has ears also I am not imposing something just my
opinion.

--

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distro/mdkarabicsupport.html
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA