Re: kde 3.1

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 06:28:18PM +0200, Isam Bayazidi wrote:
> Salam
>    What exactly Hicham you think we need the branch for ? the current PO files
> that we have are for the KDE 3.1 .. the KDE 3.2 will not appear in the KDE
> CVS tree for the next 3-4 months .. if not even more ..
>   The branch we will stay with now is the KDE 3.1 .. and the KDE 3.1.x .. the
> 3.1.x are bugfixes .. it does not contain new features .. maybe some very few
> changes in PO files .. nothing that would cause us to go even more backward
> in translation ..
> The main fallout happened when we moved from the KDE 3.0.x tree to KDE 3.1
> tree .. that move was made in July if I can recall .. in that move hundereds
> of new strings arrived, and alot of changes .. at the same time of this bicg
> change in the PO files we had the lowest number of translators ever ..
>
> Anyway .. discussion is open ..

When you ignore branches you automatically lose work that has been done on
the previous branch (instead of preserving it and moving on with another branch,
say if magically completed, one can move around them). For example, we don't have
the 3.0 translations.. we are on 3.1. That means, our entire CVS does not have 3.0
translations.

Initially, that was fine because it didn't really matter (we had little to
maintain). Now, I seriously don't recommend throwing away work and merging with new
branches as opposed to creating those branches locally on arabeyes cvs.

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=elzubeir