Re: kde 3.1

Isam Bayazidi wrote:

Salam
What exactly Hicham you think we need the branch for ? the current PO files that we have are for the KDE 3.1 .. the KDE 3.2 will not appear in the KDE CVS tree for the next 3-4 months .. if not even more ..

Yes I know that we are working on kde3.1. But KDE CVS will be opened to commits when kde 3.1 get released.

The branch we will stay with now is the KDE 3.1 .. and the KDE 3.1.x .. the 3.1.x are bugfixes .. it does not contain new features .. maybe some very few changes in PO files .. nothing that would cause us to go even more backward in translation .. The main fallout happened when we moved from the KDE 3.0.x tree to KDE 3.1 tree .. that move was made in July if I can recall .. in that move hundereds of new strings arrived, and alot of changes .. at the same time of this bicg change in the PO files we had the lowest number of translators ever ..

This is specifically why I think we should create a branch. Recall, we were really very close to finish translation of
kde 3.0.x, and now all new linux distribs versions are based on it. Of course we should merge with HEAD regularly
if strings don't change too much. In the end, we will have a 'completely' arabised version and a 'bleeding edge' not
necessarily finished unless we get some more contributors.

Anyway .. discussion is open ..

This's what I think.

Yours
Isam Bayazidi