Re: kde 3.1

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir arabeyes org> wrote:

> When you ignore branches you automatically lose work that has been done on
> the previous branch (instead of preserving it and moving on with another
> branch, say if magically completed, one can move around them). For example,
> we don't have the 3.0 translations.. we are on 3.1. That means, our entire
> CVS does not have 3.0 translations.
>
> Initially, that was fine because it didn't really matter (we had little to
> maintain). Now, I seriously don't recommend throwing away work and merging
> with new branches as opposed to creating those branches locally on
> arabeyes cvs.

I disagree - I would tend to think that NO work gets lost or removed.  All
the previous versions/branches are uploaded and available from the main
KDE site (as its available in the various distros as well).  I think if
we are opting to maintain multiple versions as once we run the risk of
confusing people even further (do remember, that lots of people already
view the current single-branch process as "complicated").  I'm not
intimately involved in the translation projects, but thought I'd make
that point clear (ie. its your (translators) decision :-)  I view arabeyes'
CVS translation files as bleeding-edge (ie. it will mirror that which is
about to get released since all those already released already have their
own bundled translated files).